1.5
Additional Fees

Definitely listen to the other reviews here in regards to Gexa Energy being scammy. They charged me a $299 fee in April that I had no idea about. I had to call in and deal with customer support for hours trying to identify what this charge was. Turns out it was a mistake withdrawal from their end which was noted as a "deposit fee".

They said they would process a refund check for me. It's been 2 weeks. I called back in today and they said the check is now being processed and will be complete soon. Once the check processes, they will mail it to me which will take another 2+ weeks.

So they can mistakenly charge me $299 instantly but it takes more than a month to refund that back to me? Yikes. As an apology for the inconvenience, their rep told me he can get me a lower rate... if I signed a contract extension with them hahahaha. That's their apology... what?

Never had this issue with any other electricity provider. Back to the drawing board on powertochoose.org

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $299. The author is overall dissatisfied with Gexa Energy and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about gexa energy customer care from Gexa Energy was poor customer service, incompetency and billing , but reviewer liked original contract price. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company TXU Electric that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Gexa Energy.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Utility category for more informed decision or compare Gexa Energy to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Gexa Energy?

Comments

Try www.energychoiceexperts.com to choose your next energy provider. They have deciphered the plans on powertochoose and find the plan that has the lowest annual cost based upon your usage profile for the past 12 months, not an useless average usage.